Friday 8 August 2014

#Cook Island Language Week Part 3!!!

As you all know it's Cook Island Language week. Until Cook Island Week finishes, I will be giving you some Cook Island sentences about me and I will be translating the English way of saying it. I will continue with the paragraph I posted yesterday. My second post....Here!

Cook Island Way: Kia Orana, Toku Ingoa Ko Hannah Tiniteila Tetini-Luatutu. Ko Haumata Timoteo Hewett te ingoa O toku Mama Ruau. Ko Cramand Teaukura Hewett te ingoa O toku Papa Ruhau. E tai ngauru ma rua oku mataiti. E rua oku teina e tai tungane. E aaere ana au ki te apii Pt England School.

English Way: Hello. My name is Hannah Tiniteila Tetini-Luatutu. Haumata Timoteo Hewett is the name of my grandmother. Cramand Teaukura Hewett is the name of my grandfather. I am 12 years old. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother. I go to Point England School.

Here are the sentences...

Ko au e Cookie Irani au e Tonga au e Nuie au Samoa au - I'm Cook Island Nuiean, Samoan and Tongan.

Ko Jo Paget te ingoa o toku puapii - My teachers name is Jo Paget.

E mataiti etu toku ite apii - I am a year 7.

Put it all together it will make this.....

Kia Orana, Toku Ingoa Ko Hannah Tiniteila Tetini-Luatutu. Ko Haumata Timoteo Hewett te ingoa O toku Mama Ruau. Ko Cramand Teaukura Hewett te ingoa O toku Papa Ruhau. E tai ngauru ma rua oku mataiti. E rua oku teina e tai tungane. E aaere ana au ki te apii Pt England School.Ko au e Cookie Irani au e Tonga au e Nuie au Samoa au.Ko Jo Paget te ingoa o toku puapii. E mataiti etu toku ite apii.

Hello. My name is Hannah Tiniteila Tetini-Luatutu. Haumata Timoteo Hewett is the name of my grandmother. Cramand Teaukura Hewett is the name of my grandfather. I am 12 years old. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother. I go to Point England School.  I'm Cook Island Nuiean, Samoan and Tongan.  My teachers name is Jo Paget.  I am a year 7.




4 comments:

  1. Meitaki maata!! Awesome Hannah! I so wish I spotted this earlier as I was in need of help this whole week with some new material to teach the Cook Island language. Please make these into movies for our school PENN. This way we can learn more of your beautiful language further than a week! I have no doubt Pt England whanau would absolutely love it! I'll be looking forward to receiving those vimeo links to your lessons. Have a good weekend Hannah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Hannah! Yes, we will have to make time to make these into movies for PENN! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mrs Tele'a and Miss Paget.

    I will make sure that I will be making these post's into movies. I will ask my nana to give me some more words in Cook Island.

    Kia Manuia (All the best) HannahT

    ReplyDelete